Tuesday, April 28, 2009

That New Baby Smell


One of my dear friends welcomed her precious little boy into the world early Monday morning. She had the easiest pregnancy known to man, followed up by an incredibly difficult birth. When I saw him for the first time he looked so perfect and tiny and new. Like any new mother, she has no idea what she's in for.


It's almost inconceivable to me that my own little one was even smaller than her new friend. Almost 9 months later and I have continually fallen in love with my daughter more each day. If I could just go back in time and grasp at those early days... I would cherish them because now I can appreciate how fleeting they truly are.


I wonder if all Mothers have these feelings of wanting to stop the clock. Have you ever felt this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment