Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How green is your baby?


My little one is green.


Super green, and she doesn't even know it.


I first started accepting offers of gently used baby items out of politeness. Somebody would say,"Do you have a Boppy pillow/playpen/baby bottles?" and when I said no then they would tell me that I could have their old one. I would just nod and say OK, hoping they would forget because I did NOT want their used baby stuff.


Then I started getting some really good stuff.


Her crib was bought from a church sale, her changing table came from a yard sale. Car seats and a stroller were given to use by a friend who had just finished using them. Another friend donated clothes, a playpen, a walker, and toys that her little girl had grown out of. I borrowed burp cloths and bibs. My little girl racked up.


This is what I learned: There are tons of baby items that are used for a short period of time that people are desperate to get rid of. By using pre-owned baby items I can funnel the money that I save directly into her college fund. It's also one of the best ways to recycle, repurpose, and live green. I encourage you to look for gently used items for your baby. You just might be surprised at what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment