Thursday, April 1, 2010

Book Review: Rick & Bubba's Big Honkin' Book of Grub

I was excited about my recent chance to review the book Rick & Bubba's Big Honkin' Book of Grub because I love Southern food and I thought from the title that it would feature some great recipes to try with a little humor sprinkled along. Man, was I disappointed. Apparently these two men have a radio show, and this book is similar to listening to them talk for two hours. Ramblings about food they like and don't like are divided into categories (condiments, meats, etc.) with each chapter displaying one 'recipe' at the end. The recipes are barely that, and require little to no culinary skill. If you need the recipe for Spam Taters and are unclear of the definition of 'midnight snack' then you may like this book. Unless you are a HUGE fan of Rick and Bubba, I do not recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment