Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Have you ever heard of CSA?


I hadn't until recently, but I think it is awesome. I'm still trying to decide which one to join. But I'm getting ahead of myself! CSA is short for Community Supported Agriculture, a program where people who appreciate fresh, locally-grown produce can buy a share in a local farm and thus a "share" of the produce.


How it works:

  • Find a farm near you that participates in CSA.

  • Buy a share in the farm of your choice. Prices vary wildly, so there are CSA's for all budgets.

  • Receive delicious locally-grown in-season produce each week.

  • Eat healthier by supporting local agriculture and saving money at the same time. You just cut out the middleman - the grocery store!

  • Brilliant! Find a CSA near you at http://www.localharvest.org/csa/


    No comments:

    Post a Comment